** Two positions available. One position is a Permanent role. One position is a 16-month maternity leave coverage role. Please specify if you are interested in both roles, or only either one. **
Position Summary: The Account Manager services clients in the Public Sector industry both on new and renewal business opportunities. Providing technical support to brokers and directly interacting with clients to answer questions, resolve problems and make required changes to policy coverage where direct sales is not required.
- Maintains and services accounts, ensuring client needs are met by reviewing cover needs, answering inquiries, and co-ordinating the efforts of appropriate JLT staff.
- Drafts proposals for new and renewal business, and obtains renewal information from Brokers and clients.
- Produces and is responsible for direct client correspondence including enclosure letters and clarification letters.
- Maintains a high level and technical relationship with clients.
- Directs client or account queries where appropriate to ensure timely issuance of documentation and proper client servicing.
- May obtain order from the client and arrange premium payment and/or financing within corporate guidelines.
- On new business, bind coverage to insurer and bind coverage to client.
- Provides information and advice to the Broking team for the preparation of submissions. May review submissions with Broking team if required.
- Fields telephone calls from clients and underwriters, answers questions and responds to requests.
- Occasionally issues Binders policies, invoices, and certificates of insurance as required.
- Checks policies and examines wordings for thoroughness and accuracy as required. Notes and fixes errors.
- Ensures all client documentation and communications (i.e. records of phone conversations with clients, pertinent e-mails, etc.) is saved correctly in Broker Management System and/or the shared drive.
- Creates and follows up on abeyances for outstanding items from underwriters, marketers, and clients.
- Ensures professional competence and keeps abreast of changes within the industry by maintaining internal and external contacts, attending relevant seminars, and reviewing written industry material.
- Organizes and maintains files ensuring information is up to date.
- Assists Claims and Finance Departments in their dealings with clients as required.
- Follows JLT policies and procedures, including security and compliance procedures, as set out on the Company Intranet and as amended from time to time.
- Other miscellaneous duties and special projects as required, such as contract reviews and assisting with due diligence in mergers and acquisitions and client audits.
- Insurance designation (CAIB, CIP, FCIP, CRM, etc.) preferred.
- Minimum 1-4 years of insurance industry experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of all classes of insurance and developing detailed knowledge of one or more specialty classes.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Sales and negotiation skills preferred. Established industry specialties and/or networks for new business development.
- Established understanding and comfort level in dealing directly with clients, underwriters.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, TAM and EPIC.
- Mathematically oriented, with analytical training.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player with a collaborative spirit.