We are recruiting an experienced Claims Representative to work in our Head Office in Richmond, BC. This is a contract position for 1 year, with an opportunity for a further extension.
The Claims Representative is responsible for ensuring that all assigned property and liability claims are handled promptly and efficiently by telephone and written correspondence within company guidelines and practices. The successful applicant will work with our lawyers, installations team, and vendors to resolve claims ensuring superior claim service across Canada.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Investigate and collect required claim information and documentation
- Coordinate claim process with homeowners, insurers and other involved parties
- Negotiate, process and settle claims in a prompt and equitable manner
- Prioritize and manage workload to maintain service standards and close ratio
- Obtain and critically evaluate relevant information from sources such as appraisers, third party adjusters, contractors and repair facilities in order to quantify and apportion losses
- Negotiate with vendors, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Recover losses from insurers, installers and customers
- Coordinate service with vendors and service providers
- Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Maintain accurate records, including compliance records based on company standards and policies
- Work with in-house lawyers on various legal matters including litigation, compliance, contracts and foreign legal matters
- 2+ years insurance adjusting or legal experience and history of settling claims within policy guidelines
- Ability to pass a criminal records background check
- Holding or working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Expert communication skills and attention to detail in concise, accurate corporate communications, both written and oral
- Proven customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Understanding of legal concepts relating to corporations, contracts, and insurance.
To apply directly, please submit your resume via the following link:
Peak welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.