Senior Business Consultant
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's subrogation unit is looking for someone with a knack for seeing the bigger picture and developing linkages through the organization.
As part of this unit, you'll bring your experience to help the ministry maximize the recovery of health care payments owed under its subrogation recovery rights.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Negotiate settlements of complex subrogation files;
• Attend mediations and other settlement forums and recover the ministry's subrogated claim;
• Research/analyze/prepare reports;
• Recommend options/strategies/implementation plans;
• Provide sound technical advice/recommendations on financial administration;
• Liaise with and present to ministry divisions/internal/external stakeholders/clients;
• Assist in developing business relationships/plans;
• Act as Ministry Specialist in matters pertaining to subrogation/recovery rights of health care payments.
How do I qualify?
• You have demonstrated knowledge and experience applying subrogation rights/third party recovery mechanisms/ insurance law/ Ministry Subrogation Program/policies/principles/practices to act as a subject matter expert
• You have proven knowledge of civil litigation rules/procedures in Ontario and other jurisdictions.
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation dealing with the health care delivery and benefit entitlements (such as the Health Insurance Act, Home Care & Community Services Act, Ontario Drug Benefit Act, and other related Acts) as they apply to subrogation rights.
• You have the ability to determine impact on health care benefits and payments (e.g. Insurance Act, Class Proceedings Act, Dog Owners' Liability Act, Courts of Justice Act, Solicitors Act)
• You can recognize, respond to, and make recommendations related to impacts on subrogation rights from amending legislation/policy
• You have familiarity with other provincial health care plan subrogation and recovery rights
Negotiation and Communication Skills:
• You can prepare reports and have writing and visual/oral presentation skills in order to communicate and present effectively and competently as a subject matter expert in subrogation matters with Senior Management, internal/external clients and stakeholders.
• You have negotiation, consulting, and interpersonal skills to gather subrogation-related information and an ability to communicate complex matters effectively to obtain agreements, settlements, and support from external clients/stakeholders (e.g. personal injury lawyers and third party liability insurers) and various inter/intra-ministry program divisions and external clients and stakeholders.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• You have the ability to resolve complex issues related to recovery of health care payments.
• You have conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to plan and co-ordinate with other team members.
• You have proven leadership skills to mentor, train and develop staff skills.
• You have thorough knowledge of financial, business operations, analysis and theories/techniques.
Salary Range: $64,434 - $92,846 per year
- 1 Permanent, 49 Place D'Armes, Kingston, East Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 108992, by Friday, July 7, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.