Employees at Intact Insurance make a difference. We believe insurance is not about things; insurance is about people. We are here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times.
We value diversity, integrity and respect for one-another, and are committed to excellence and inclusivity for our employees, brokers and customers. Intact offers interesting and challenging work and an environment where you have the opportunity to make decisions and influence results.
Behind every one of our products and services is a team of motivated, intelligent and hard-working employees. As the largest provider of home, auto and business insurance in the country, every one of our 11,000 employees believes that our customer service focus is second to none - and you will too!
We’re a financially strong and stable Canadian company who is the proven leader in our industry – and we’re looking for you!
Are you detail-oriented and enjoy providing excellent customer service? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Are you looking for a financially strong and stable company? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
Intact Insurance Company is a national leader in providing insurance solutions for commercial business and behind every one of our products and services is a team of motivated, intelligent and hardworking employees. Employees at Intact Insurance make a difference because we believe insurance is not about things, insurance is about people.
In this Claims Representative position within the Auto unit, you will deliver legendary service and play an instrumental role in getting our customers back on track by investigating auto damage claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement. Hours are anywhere between 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Saturday. You must be flexible to work any of these days and times including occasional Statutory Holidays.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
• Investigate auto claims with integrity and respect in a timely manner to ensure a fair settlement.
• Effectively communicate and negotiate with the customers, appraisers, adjusters, claimants, lawyers and any other stakeholder to settle claims.
• Collect reports and statements to determine liability and coverage
• Develop an action plan for conducting investigations
• Maintain current knowledge of insurance products as well as appraisal or investigation techniques and services
• Identify process improvement needs and recommend changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service and competitiveness
• Desire and ability to work on a phone queue in a fast paced environment.
• Computer literate with the ability to quickly learn new technology and work in a file free environment.
• Provide legendary customer service skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Ability to perform well as a "team player"
• Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to work with minimal supervision
• Previous claims adjusting experience is not necessary, although an asset
• Post-secondary education
• Able to work on Saturdays and Statutory Holidays
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN CANADA
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card, or Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly on the Intact careers site:
This posting will close on July 9, 2017 at 11:59PM EST.