The Inside Claims Representative Sr. contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of complex auto and property claims through telephone and written correspondence.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from sources such as appraisers, third party adjusters, and repair facilities in order to quantify losses
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Provide ongoing technical advice and guidance to junior inside claims staff
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years insurance adjusting experience
- Working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- College/University degree is preferred
Accomodations are available upon request.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). This is a full-time, permanent position (37.50 hours per week) located in our London office. The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging, including Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and LTD, depending on experience. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this London based opportunity!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please respond with your cover letter and resume by Friday, July 14, 2017.