The Edmonton/Calgary Branch of ClaimsPro is seeking a Senior Transportation, Equipment and Cargo (TEC) adjuster to join its thriving business. This job features - a busy work environment with a stimulating pace where there is a need to accomplish tasks in a timely fashion. - a variety of assignments; participation in change; and latitude to manage their own time.
Acting with a sense of urgency the incumbent is responsible for the timely & thorough investigation, negotiation and settlement of claims in the Transportation, Equipment and Cargo (including heavy equipment) sectors, inclusive of collision, cargo and liability.
The position will also ensure that all work done is carried in accordance to SCM standard of quality service and prompt and equitable settlement of claims are facilitated within the parameters of corporate policies and standards. This is a full time position.
The successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package in addition to a compensation structure that will be a combination of salary and commission (determined by experience).
Location: Edmonton or Calgary
Competencies required to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with adjusting staff, clients and insured claimants
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven ability to consistently demonstrate high attention to detail with quality outcomes
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage a variety of tasks on a daily basis with the ability to effectively manage changing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment (contributing to team objectives
- Ability to learn new systems and technology
- Resourcefulness to act in a situation without direction in the facilitation of delivery of claim requirements to maintain client compliance
- Initiative and proactive in identifying and implementing claims handling solutions to ensure equitable settlements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to resolve problems
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policy/contract wording
- Determine liability and applicable coverages through the investigation of losses by meeting with or contacting all relevant parties, obtaining appropriate reports and statements from claimants, insured’s, insurers, and witnesses
- Assemble and analyze information gathered for the purposes of evaluating the loss and determine coverage, liability and quantum to verify authenticity and appropriateness of claims submitted
- Prompt contact and followup with policy holders and claimants
- Following company and client standards/formats, report to clients a well argued recommendation, providing clear indications of the status and progress of the claim
- Negotiation and resolution with clients, claimants, legal representatives, and/or service suppliers.
- May be required to provide evidence in court
- Mobility is important as travel is often required on a daily basis at times outside regular business hours. There are some occasions that require adjusters to be away from the office for short (1 – 2 days) time periods depending on the nature of the claims.
- Participate in and field ECS (Emergency Claims Service) calls to on-call adjusters
- Provide technical direction to Adjusters working on assigned accounts including file review feedback and direction on file completion
- Support Manager with coaching and mentoring of junior adjusters
- Participate and support sales and marketing strategies to increase Claimspro TEC visibility in the marketplace
Education, knowledge and experience required
- Valid Alberta/BC/Saskatchewan Adjuster’s license (minimum of a Level 2)
- CIP / FCIP designation or actively pursuing and/or nearing completion of same.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years claims adjusting experience
- Must have knowledge and adjusting experience in cargo and transportation claims including heavy vehicles, hazardous material (oil spills), commercial property, casualty, bodily injury and environmental
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.