Consider the following Maritime Region based opportunity!
Property and Automobile Underwriter I - Personal Lines
Position location: Moncton, New Brunswick
Working under general supervision, an Underwriter I – Personal Lines is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of low complexity business with low to moderate premium volume according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with our brokers and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
- Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Learn to understand rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
- Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Willingness to enroll in, or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa,
please apply online today!