This underwriting position requires competence in all levels of case management, current medical factors, testing procedures, industry trends, reinsurance practices, financial analysis and interpretation of financial information.
- Underwrite new LEI business, renewals and endorsements according to Company and MGA Underwriting Guidelines, authority limits and policies and procedures
- Process all assigned work promptly and accurately, according to Underwriting Guidelines
- Respond to broker requests and inquiries on a timely basis and manage broker relationships
- Evaluate, classify and determine acceptability, coverage and pricing of each risk
- Pro-actively identify backlogs or roadblocks and take the necessary steps to correct, and recommend changes to underwriting practices if a trend is identified
- Must understand the field perspective and be seen as a listener and creative problem solver.
- Must be able to discuss legal and financial impairments and reasons for acceptance or declines
- Monitor key metrics such as, new business hit ratio, renewal retention ratio, premium growth, loss ratios, combined ratio, formulating corrective action where necessary
- Evaluate future loss potential
- Prepare insurance quotes, issue/endorse/cancel policies
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Designation or working towards IIO designation
- Thorough knowledge of policy wordings and limitations
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in risk selection
- Working effectively within a team dynamic
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Strong decision making skills and ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Possess a strong work ethic, good organizational skills and work within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills
*Scope of responsibilities for this particular opportunity may change and will include, but not be limited to the above description.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and make sure to include the JOB TITLE “Underwriter” in the subject of your message. We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you! No phone calls please.
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES will be contacted for this particular opportunity. BridgePoint is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).