Claims Investigator & Loss Control Inspector (Intermediate)
The Waterloo Region Municipalities Insurance Pool (WRMIP) is comprised of the Cities of Cambridge,Kitchener,Waterloo, the Townships of North Dumfries,Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich, and the Region of Waterloo.
Under the direction of the WRMIP’s Risk Manager you will:
Claims Investigator (80% of your time): within authorized limits investigate and settle claims for property damage on member municipalities owned properties; investigate, negotiate and settle claims made by third parties against member municipalities for bodily injury and property damage losses.
Loss Control Inspector (20% of your time): inspect buildings, playgrounds and other properties owned by member municipalities for liability and building risks. Appraise buildings to ensure proper replacement cost insurance values by utilizing an Appraisal Software program.
Your knowledge will include various statutes such as The Insurance Act of Ontario, Occupier’s Liability Act, The Negligence Act, The Municipal Act, The Ontario Building Code, The Ontario Fire Code and any other statutes relative to the job function. You will also have extensive knowledge of insurance policy wordings and risk management principles.
Your qualifications will consist of at least 5 (five) years experience in the insurance industry involving the adjusting and processing of claims; significant exposure related to property damage claims; exposure to bodily injury claims; and exposure to loss control inspection or risk management analysis including:
- Secondary school graduation (required)
- Post secondary school training in insurance related courses (required)
- Insurance Institute of Canada’s Certified Insurance Professional Designation - CIP (enrolled in or completed) Preference will be given to those that have completed course C36 (Building Construction, Fire Hazards and Basic Hazards) and course C38 (Liability Loss Prevention)
- Class G drivers licence (required)
- Must provide own vehicle for travel daily (required)
- Computer skills in Excel, Word, or equivalent (required)
- Ability to communicate well, both written and orally (required)
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality (required)
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Police clearance check (required)
Salary Range: $67,969 to $78,425
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume prior to 4:30pm July 27, 2017 to:
Township of Woolwich
24 Church Street West, P.O. Box 158, Elmira, ON N3B 2Z6
Fax: (519) 669-9348
All applicants are thanked for their interest in these positions however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.