We are seeking an energetic, driven and results-oriented individual for the role of Product Manager in our Commercial Underwriting Department. The Product Manager is a recognized specialist on innovative product development and provides expertise and knowledge on product wording development, regulatory, legislative and industry environments. Reporting to the Vice President of Underwriting, this pivotal role will have national influence over our commercial product portfolio and ensure that guidelines and procedures contribute to the effective, efficient and profitable underwriting of our insurance policies and our overall strategy.
The Commercial Insurance Product Manager will:
• Conduct research and lead the development and update of commercial insurance products, resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
• Research and review customer insights and competitor benchmarking as well as analyze future trends to aid in product development and prototype testing.
• Lead the design of the customer value proposition.
• Ensure a collaborative approach liaising with key departments across the organization as well as stakeholders outside the organization.
• Create and implement a commercial insurance product delivery roadmap and lifecycle.
• Manage product development initiatives, defining the go-to-market strategy while understanding the product positioning key benefits and target markets.
• Complete ongoing regulatory environment scanning while developing and maintaining corporate underwriting policies, guidelines and procedures.
Requirements for the role:
• University Degree, College Diploma, or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in commercial underwriting required across all product lines, personal Insurance underwriting experience considered an asset.
• CIP designation required.
• Excellent problem solving and project management abilities.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Previous experience developing products across both commercial and personal insurance lines considered an asset.