Accident Benefits Department
The Claims Assistant contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by gathering and recording information from customers for the purpose of establishing new claim reports and providing administrative support to the Accident Benefits Unit.
- Enter new claims reported via telephone, fax, email or web/mobile into claims system
- Identify, sort and distribute claim documents
- Conduct data base searches
- Ensure successful transmission of documents to vendors •Perform clerical duties, such as filing, faxing, copying, scanning and indexing
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- University/College degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Psychology, Health Science, Law, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Good customer service skills
- Up to 1 year of previous office experience would be considered an asset
- Basic understanding of the general insurance business
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Good time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
Wawanesa provides its employees with respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Accommodations are available upon request.
Join a Canadian success story!
Consider the following Toronto based opportunity!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online.