Overview of Position:
BMG is currently looking for a Broker/Client Service Representative to support our Calgary office. This would be a great opportunity for an organized, personable, dependable individual who believes the client is the most important part to an organization. We do empower our team members to make decisions and find solutions for our clients. The majority of our clients have operations in the aviation industry operating rotor wing, and fixed wing air services and maintenance and manufacturing support in the aviation sector. The position would involve regular interaction with insurers and our clients, administration, some broking of accounts, and would require a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. We are looking for a candidate with aptitude and the right attitude to fit with our diverse and energetic team of insurance professionals. Minimum requirement High School diploma, would prefer post secondary education or professional designations such as; CIP, FCIP, CAIB, CRM.
The Broker/Client Service Representative is an integral part of our team and would require someone who is highly organized with strong analytical and communication skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines. We are looking for a strong team player who is willing to ask questions, be a quick learner with a high level of attention to detail.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Execution and issuing of insurance certificates, binders, proposals, and processing of client documents
- Invoicing, and administering premium finance forms
- Updating underwriting submissions
- Monitoring and following up with clients concerning the collection of aged receivables, as required
- Maintaining/updating summaries of insurance, and client spreadsheets (updating as policy changes occur and at renewal).
- Answering client queries and communicating with insurance companies.
- Inputting data and setting up electronic client and prospect screens into EPIC
- Maintaining an effective abeyance system
- Maintaining filing systems, and set up of client files
- Maintaining renewal list
- Printing and distributing accounts receivable reports
- Updating claims history on summaries
- Claims reporting, and monitoring
- Broking some renewals and new business, to the various markets
- General office administration functions
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 2 License to act as a broker in Alberta or equivalent license in another jurisdiction that can be converted
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Previous experience with insurance management systems i.e. EPIC, TAM etc. preferred
- Excellent organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Proactive and customer focused
- Demonstrates initiative and follow up skills