The Bodily Injury Field Representative Sr. contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of large, complex injury claims. Daily travel is required. Company vehicle is provided. Role eligible for Remote Worker Program.
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
• Investigate losses to determine liability including attending loss locations and meeting directly with insureds, claimants and others
• Evaluate relevant information from various sources including medical, legal, financial and vocational to quantify loss
• Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
• Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
• Adjust claims from inception to completion in a proactive manner
• Provide technical advice and guidance to junior staff
• Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
• Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 5+ years progressive insurance adjusting experience
• Chartered Insurance Professional Designation or near completion
• Excellent knowledge of medical and legal terminology
• Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent investigative and analytical skills
• Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
• Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Valid driver license with acceptable driving record
• College/University degree preferred
Accomodations are available upon request.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). This is a full-time, permanent position (37.50 hours per week) based out of our Toronto office. The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging, including Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and LTD, depending on experience. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Toronto based opportunity!