The Bodily Injury Representative II contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience through the fair and equitable adjustment of moderate bodily injury claims.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Interpret policy wordings, determine policy coverage and ensure appropriate reserving
- Investigate losses to determine liability
- Evaluate relevant information from various sources including medical, legal, financial and vocational to quantify loss
- Negotiate with insureds, claimants, lawyers and insurers
- Coordinate services with vendors and service providers
- Adjust the claim from inception to completion in a proactive manner
- Maintain accurate records based on company standards and policies within the claims system
- Remain up-to-date with legislative changes and trends in the insurance industry
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 + years insurance adjusting experience
- Working toward Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- Good knowledge of medical and legal terminology
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Excellent negotiation skills
- College/University degree is preferred
Accomodations are available upon request.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). This is a full-time, permanent position (37.50 hours per week) located in our Toronto office. The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging, including Extended Health, Dental, Life, AD&D and LTD, depending on experience. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Toronto based opportunity!