As the Lead, Underwriting Inspections Team, you will oversee the Inspection process for both our in-house and contract inspectors to ensure completeness and accuracy. You will act as a lead support to all inspectors and underwriting team members, and be accountable for the inspection review process and inspection policies at The Commonwell. You will also be responsible for identifying, handling and maintaining efficiencies within the inspection team and recommending any necessary changes to the Underwriting Leadership team.
Are you an experienced insurance professional with the following key skills?
- Advanced knowledge of underwriting all classes of residential risks, including farm and non-package products,
- Strong understanding of, and ability to read/interpret residential policy wordings, including underwriting of Excess and Umbrella liability insurance,
- Proficient knowledge of building codes and bylaw regulations, as well as residential heating, electrical, roofing and plumbing,
- Sound judgement and decision making abilities,
- Strong leadership capacity to drive engagement and performance in teams spanning multiple locations,
- Strong knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office programs,
- Effective communication skills to interact with various internal and external contacts,
- Ability to work confidently under pressure and multi task,
- Superior customer service mindset,
- CIP designation is considered ideal, and
- Direct experience in the field of insurance specific to underwriting, completion of post-secondary education or an equivalent of all.
Visit thecommonwell.ca for a detailed role description. Qualified applicants are asked to submit their resume by August 31, 2017 to:
Attention: Human Resources
We thank all candidates for their applications, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
We provide equal opportunity and a barrier free process. Call (705) 324-2146 or write email@example.com for more information.