Working for a national claims company, within a team oriented environment, the Claims Branch Manager will actively manage the branch’s dynamics which involves leading and managing staff, proactive customer contact with respect to quality and service issues while building the individual business reputation, training and development of staff and overseeing efficiency of operations.
The Claims Branch Manager's responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Technical Expertise and Support
- Acts in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims
- Provides file review feedback and in some cases direction on file completion
- Manage budgeted revenue expectations in conjunction with individual adjuster production
- Works with Supervisor, Administrative Support to coordinate effective file support for adjusters
- Responsible for meeting business development objectives as set out by the Corporation
Competencies required to succeed
- Management abilities - demonstrated skills to effectively manage people and service, using a fiscally responsible approach and an entrepreneurial focus
- Leadership skills - the ability to lead people effectively
- Business Acumen - the ability to initiate and contribute to business development through visibility, displaying of technical expertise and networking
- Initiative - must be able to proactively identify new opportunities within the industry and successfully lead those opportunities to conclusion
- Determination – the ability to continue to strive for a solution despite obstacles from others and/or uncontrollable situations
- Achievement Orientation - demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness to achieve desired goals and o objectives.
- Problem Solving - the ability to look at situations and barriers to creatively provide solutions that meet the needs of all parties in the best collective manner possible.
- Service Orientation - Creates and sustains an organizational culture which encourages others to provide the quality of service essential to high performance.
- Responsible for the management and collection of account receivables
- Responsible for the management of direct reports billings and maintaining the level of interims as per company standards
- Responsible for revenue contributions and EBITDA/margins
File Quality / Customer Service
- In preparation for QA file reviews, review billings and fees in accordance with client billing expectations and corporate standards
- Handle insured and client complaints, monitor and ensure resolutions reached
- Review, analyze, revise, and sign adjuster’s reports, ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency
- Review fees for accuracy and quality
- Prepare and discuss performance reviews with staff members
- Provides guidance and feedback regarding performance
- Support technical training and other development requirements
- Coordinate and facilitate staff meeting on a regular basis
- In conjunction with the Licensing Officer, monitor and track licensing status/issues with FSCO and manage criteria for all direct reports
- Monitor and assess resources (capacity) vs. volume in conjunction with Human Resources and the management team
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff
- Support the account management and effective partnerships with dedicated accounts; running performance overviews and producing monthly revenue reports in order to track trends
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Responsible for the communication of corporate policies and ensuring compliance
Education, knowledge and experience required
- University degree/college diploma preferred or equivalent business experience.
- CIP / FCIP designation or actively pursuing and/or nearing completion of same.
- Minimum of 10 years claims adjusting experience with experience at the management level
- Field Claims adjusting experience required.
- Strong communication skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, and must be able to flex style appropriate to audience
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience. Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
SCM Insurance Services and affiliates welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the recruitment and assessment process.