Experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
Within this exciting position, you will have the opportunity to join a culture that prides itself on being honest, transparent, believes in delivering on their promises and is committed to doing what is right. Your contributions will entail analyzing complex liability scenarios, providing leadership and technical support to our various stakeholders, in addition to the Claims Department.
Reporting to the Claims Supervisor, you will demonstrate your technical insurance knowledge while acting as a liaison to our reinsurance partners. You will apply your sound analytical skills to focus on the administration and successful resolution of claims. In this role, you will support continuing education, demonstrate creativity and be a technical resource in various strategically focused projects.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex claims files with an emphasis on commercial liability, automobile tort liability, product liability and casualty losses
- Ensuring case reserve adequacy given the exposure on the claim file
- Reporting to our reinsurance partners
- Acting as a resource in the development of claims handling strategies, and ultimately claim file resolution with our Member Companies
- Fostering a positive working relationship with co-workers and the leadership team
- Participating in the creation and completion of overall Claims department annual goals
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A college or university diploma, or an equivalent level of education is required, preferably in a related field
- At minimum 5 years’ claims handling experience with commercial liability, automobile tort liability, product liability and casualty liability
- Knowledge and experience in claim file investigation
- Knowledge of Case Reserving principles
- Exposure to claims greater than $500,000
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Reinsurance knowledge an asset
- Knowledge of Risk Management Principles an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference will be given to applicants who also have experience in Statutory Accident Benefits Claims complementing their commercial liability, automobile tort liability, product liability and casualty liability
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or similar designation.
HOW TO APPLY
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application by Friday, Sept. 15, 2017.
Visit our website, Facebook or LinkedIn page and discover what it’s like to be part of the Farm Mutual Re family!
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.