OTIP (Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan) is a member-focused, service-driven organization that puts people, both our members and our employees, first. Curo Claims Services is an independent adjusting company providing claims services for members of OTIP/RAEO Insurance Brokers Inc. We’re looking for someone to join our team as a:
All Lines Claims Examiner (12 Month Contract)
(Contract role includes health and dental benefits and vacation time!)
Are you highly independent person?
Do you have a gift for helping people see all sides of an issue?
Do you want to get to know people and their needs better?
If the above sounds like you, then consider OTIP/Curo for your next career move!
As a member of our Curo Claims Services team, your responsibilities will include:
- Determining insurance coverage. This includes examining claim forms, policies and other records; interviewing claimants and witnesses; consulting police and hospital records; investigating losses; and directing or responding to telephone or written inquiries, as required.
- Examining and finalizing claims. This includes verifying all codes, information and coverage, and processing them for payment.
- Determining insurance carrier’s liability and reaching agreement with claimants according to policy provisions to settle claims, resolving all-lines general insurance claims of a moderate to severe exposure and complexity.
- Establishing eligibility for benefits. This includes analyzing documentation, collecting additional information from various outside parties as required, initiating or conducting investigation of questionable claims, and negotiating and disposing of accident benefits claims of minor to moderate complexity, in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a current electronic claim file pending, while demonstrating an effective diary system
If this opportunity sounds interesting, and you meet the following requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for. We need someone who has:
A minimum of two years’ experience in accident benefits case management.
A minimum of three years’ experience in automobile/property claims adjudication.
A CIP designation.
An All-Lines Independent Adjuster’s licence.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and The General.
The ability to communicate in French is considered an asset.
OTIP/Curo is more than just a place to work. In addition to competitive salaries and industry-leading benefits, OTIP offers a work environment where your opinions are valued and expected! Our employees have the opportunity to provide feedback on departmental goals, to participate on committees, to work collaboratively, and to continuously improve their professional skills. As one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers for 2017, as awarded by Toronto-based publisher Mediacorp Canada, we take pride in our employee programs, including health and wellness initiatives, charity involvement, social events and much more! To recruit the best, we offer the best. For more information on OTIP and its Group of Companies (TW, CURO), our company culture, and perks we offer, visit the ‘Life at OTIP’ page on our website
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online.
OTIP and its Group of Companies strive to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Upon individual request, OTIP and its Group of Companies will endeavour to remove any barrier to the recruitment and selection processes and provide accommodations for persons with disabilities.
OTIP and its Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.