The Intermediate Underwriter reports to the Provincial Underwriting Manager. This position is a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension and full-time, permanent opportunity.
Working as part of a highly collaborative team, you will be responsible to:
• Establish and maintain professional business partnerships with Pembridge brokers to provide underwriting, consulting and education services to support regional growth and profit goals;
• Ensure the understanding of underwriting standards and compliance to underwriting rules and guidelines specific to the region;
• Work collaboratively with the broker on ways to select and accept risks (new business, endorsements and renewals) which will help grow the book and not negatively impact loss ratios;
• Ensure the delivery of individual results within appropriate metrics, including quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity and customer satisfaction;
• Recommend, implement and maintain the appropriate underwriting and service policies, processes, practices, specialty techniques and continuous improvement initiatives;
• Other tasks as required.
Qualification & Experience:
• A minimum 2 - 3 years brokerage underwriting experience;
• College or university degree or equivalent work experience is required;
• Working towards, or have attained, the CIP designation;
• Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market is preferred;
• Ability to adapt to changing underwriting environments during hard and soft market cycles;
• Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach goals;
• Develop and deliver verbal/written explanations of information to superiors, peers, brokers, and subordinates in a well thought out, logical and effective manner is essential;
• Good negotiation skills, ability to coach and mentor others.
Pembridge in Alberta is committed to excellence in customer service and employee development. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, along with an employee friendly and fun environment. For more information, or to apply online, please visit us at www.pembridge.com.
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!