Reporting to the Provincial Underwriting Manager, the Senior Underwriter is responsible to provide personal lines auto and property underwriting on new and renewal business, processing and customer service support to brokers in order to achieve rate integrity, proper risk classification and compliance to established standards. The Senior Underwriter is also responsible for answering broker inquiries and completing broker visits and training as well as technical assistance to Junior and Intermediate Underwriters.
The Senior Underwriter is accountable for maintaining a profitable book of business for their market.
• Establish and maintain professional business partnerships with Pembridge brokers to provide underwriting, consulting and education services to support regional growth and profit;
• Ensure understanding of underwriting standards and compliance to underwriting rules and guidelines specific to the region;
• Work collaboratively with the broker on ways to select and accept risks for new business, endorsements and renewals which will help grow the book and not negatively impact loss ratios;
• Analyze and evaluate risks to ensure compliance to established standards and guidelines within prescribed authority level;
• Ensure the delivery of individual results within appropriate metrics, including quality, quantity, timeliness, productivity and customer satisfaction;
• Meet the productivity and quality objectives specified and ensure knowledge of the brokers and respective market to support informed decision-making;
• Provide guidance and technical assistance to Junior and Intermediate Underwriters;
• Recommend, implement and maintain appropriate underwriting and service policies, processes, practices, specialty techniques and continuous improvement initiatives;
• Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post-secondary education and completion of CIP designation is preferred;
• Minimum 5 years of Underwriting experience is preferred;
• Experience in the non-standard auto market as well as experience in a broker office would be an asset;
• Familiarity with Pembridge products and services would be considered an asset;
• Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market is considered an asset;
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to coach and mentor others;
• Ability to collaborate with peers and subordinates to reach goals as well as the ability to work well independently.
If you are a big picture thinker with the agility to adjust work to reflect the complex network of forces at play, this may be the role for you. Pembridge in Alberta is committed to excellence in customer service and employee development. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, along with a friendly and fun environment.
For more information please visit us at: www.pembridge.com.
We’re proud to have made Aon Hewitt’s 2017 list of the
Best Employers in Canada!
Allstate Canada Group has policies and practices that provide workplace accommodations. If you require accommodation please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.