Working under minimal supervision, the Underwriting Technical Specialist – Personal Lines, is a very unique role and assists with both strategic and business as usual initiatives to achieve profitability, competitiveness and efficiency.
- Liaise with Executive Office, as a subject matter expert, to assist with (but not limited to):
- Strategic Initiatives, including technological advancements.
- Rate and Product Development.
- Regulatory Changes and Reporting.
- Company Benchmarks.
- Customer Engagement.
- Perform research and analysis of the industry and company data to contribute towards assigned initiatives.
- Champion the development and implementation of business change.
- Maintain existing documentation so that it reflects up to date and proper information.
- Provide technical assistance and training to ensure consistency in the implementation of change.
- Mentor and develop team members and facilitate sessions for the sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Lead and/or participate in periodic work reviews for quality assurance purposes.
- Foster positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including other regional offices and networking at industry events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Seven years Property and Casualty industry experience.
- Post-secondary education or related business experience.
- Completed a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to review information carefully and comprehensively.
- Excellent analytical, and problem solving with the ability to select and implement best solutions.
- Excellent decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Expert communication skills with the ability to present information in a convincing manner.
- Strong leadership skills to positively influence team members and provide direction.
- Strong ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel
Grow with us! Wawanesa offers great growth opportunities where you can work towards a professsional insurance designation. Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging, and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company's goals. Our employees enjoy industry-leading total compensation ranging from 5 Personal Days per year, 1 Community Day, most benefits premium-free and start from day #1, training and mentoring opporutnities and signficiant educational reimbursement. Our future is very bright and we've been in business for over 100 years - Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.