Reporting to the President and Chairman of the board (Board), the General Manager (GM) holds a key leadership position in the organization and is responsible and accountable for all operations for the organization. This position will promote the culture of the organization, implement and deliver on business projects and objectives and continue to maintain and grow the overall business. The GM will collaborate with operations, finance, and corporate service teams on a day-to-day basis. This role is expected to be a visible leader in the organization that instil and adhere to the values and culture of the company. The GM plays an active role to strategically grow and developing the existing broker models and to continue to create, improve and streamline processes to ensure alignment with business growth. This position upholds the strategic plan and actively engages management to follow through on its projects and commitments, contributing to the corporate goals and overall profitability and growth. The GM works closely with the management team and provides the strategic leadership and direction of the organization. This position also provides reporting and insight to the Board.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Create and implement sales and marketing strategies to drive production and meet annual sales goals (both traditional and on-line strategies)
- Oversee and implement on-line digital strategies
- Monitor and evaluate production reporting through report evaluation and provide feedback to ensure leadership is directing staff to meet goals and expectations.
- Deliver profitable returns to the represented insurance companies.
- Ensure alignment between sales strategies, business plans, and operations with company goals.
- Review all asset purchase and sale agreements subject to approval by the Board
- Identify process improvements to enhance processes, ease workflows, and effectively utilize technology.
- Grow business opportunities with external customers and markets through existing as well as new affiliations.
- Lead and oversee projects to meet goals on time and within budget.
- Meeting set budgets and financial targets
- Participate in recruitment, onboarding and performance management.
- Accountable for the implementation and success of the strategic plan to the organization.
- Oversee the effectiveness and communication of corporate policies.
- Liaison with insurance companies.
- Supervise the development of training programs for employees.
- Responsible for effective and transparent corporate communications.
- Review and advise the Board on all legal issues; including matters related to the AIC.
- Lead and mentor organization by promoting and maintaining strong employee morale and culture, setting high expectations to performance, and adherence to company values.
- Contribute and be a team player on the Executive team.
- Collaborate with the Board to develop corporate goals, define corporate structure, and execute business plans.
- Provide monthly and quarterly performance reporting for Board requirements.
- Manage organizational budgets and seek out necessary approvals from the Board.
The General Manager will have experience in the insurance service industry in some capacity, as well as experience and knowledge relating to providing exceptional customer service. Will have knowledge of business operations, human resource management, and extremely familiar with all the current on-line digital strategies. Other key characteristics include an entrepreneurial spirit, excellent communications skills, and conducting business with integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years of business experience in the insurance industry with at least 5 years in management/leadership position.
- Experience in sales and performance management, financial acumen, and project management
- Proven ability to motivate staff, while holding them accountable for results.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and strategic plans in the context of a growing operation.
- Well-versed in technology with the skills and the ability to adapt the ever changing and growing needs within the business.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis without restrictions.
A competitive compensation package will be provided including an attractive base salary and excellent benefits. Further details will be discussed in a personal interview.