Consider the following Maritime Region based opportunity!
Claims Supervisor ( Field Adjuster Unit)
The Claims Supervisor contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing leadership to the claims team, focusing on the achievement of key business goals and customer service standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Coordinate and supervise daily activities of claims team
- Provide guidance and leadership to staff and specialists
- Manage service levels by organizing, distributing, monitoring work flow and setting priorities to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity as guided by corporate policies, procedures and business plans
- Conduct or contribute to employee development, and employee performance management through coaching and following up on the development of their team’s technical competencies,
- Conduct periodic review of claims files and coach team to strive for continuous improvement and development by setting and tracking individual and team performance objectives
- Provide direction and leadership in areas such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement negotiations and establishing reserves for claims
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5 + years progressive insurance adjusting experience
- College /University degree preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional Designation and a desire to continue relevant industry education (FCIP, etc.)
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings all lines of business, corporate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Ability to coach, guide, and positively motivate employees
- Excellent knowledge of automobile, habitational, farm and commercial policies
- Working knowledge of Xactimate and Xactanalysis
- Excellent knowledge of medical and legal terminology
- Detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry
- Exceptional advanced negotiation skills
- Bilingual is an asset but not mandatory.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story!
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa,
please respond by October 6, 2017