Business Transformation Specialist
Wawanesa Insurance is a policyholder owned mutual insurance company that offers employees great stability and opportunity for growth. We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change.
Our Business Transformation team is helping to deliver truly transformational change to our business partners, in conjunction with our Information Services team. These initiatives have led to rapid growth and the need for new talent.
If you’re interested in joining a team of motivated and skilled insurance professionals, who are innovative, creative, and who want to change the insurance industry, consider this exciting Winnipeg-based opportunity!
- Provides property and casualty experience to business initiatives with their input and guidance in the analysis of business practices in support of corporate initiatives
- Acts as a subject matter expert in strategic initiatives by partnering with Information Services in support of technology enablement
- Engages Regional Offices to ensure a complete understanding of business practices is accomplished
- Liaises with Executive Office Operations department to ensure strategic initiatives align with their strategies and goals
- Participates in business analysis and requirements gathering sessions with project teams
- Contributes to process and procedure improvements with the Business Process Management team
- Develops and delivers project presentations to multiple business groups
- Monitors industry landscape to assess possible business practice improvements
- Develops and enhances productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum five years of property and casualty insurance experience
- CIP designation or actively working towards designation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the intended audience
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the proven ability to work accurately within tight timelines and interact collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify relevant information and potential impacts
- Previous experience on corporate strategic initiatives or projects is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Completion of Post Secondary education is considered an asset
- Willing and able to travel as required including to the United States