We have an excellent opportunity in our Home Warranty Insurance Claims Department in both our Vancouver and Langley BC offices. The role manages claims submitted by homeowners under policies of home warranty insurance. The Claim Adjusters are responsible for making coverage decisions based on the policy issued, the builder agreements and indemnities, and the applicable provincial laws and regulations. The role manages all claims to resolution by ensuring any qualified construction defects are repaired by either the Developer/Builder or through the engagement of a third-party contractor. Home Warranty Insurance serves the purpose of protecting consumers of new homes from construction defects in addition to contributing to improving the quality of construction of residential buildings.
- Adjustment of Home Warranty Insurance claims through the verification of policy coverage by assessing the presence of construction defects and liability for the same. Work with Developer/Builder and Homeowners to ensure appropriate resolution of a claim within the terms of the policy while satisfying all other stakeholders, including provincial regulators.
- Maintenance of claim records, including observations, documentation, communications, decisions made, financial expenditures, setting and maintaining adequate reserves, prompt payments to professionals and third party contractors, ensuring identification of possible recovery/subrogation opportunities and timely and accurate closing of claim files.
- Foster and maintain open communication with Underwriting and Technical Services to ensure proper risk management during the handling of claims and for the purpose of improving future service to our clients which include both Homeowners and Builder/Developers.
- Contribute to the ongoing positive, professional and progressive Home Warranty Insurance Team environment by collaborating and sharing ideas.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 2 plus years of experience in the general insurance industry, preferably in the surety and/or warranty claims fields.
- Practical experience within the development and/or residential construction industries is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including MS Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of XactAnalysis and other web-based databases would be beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong investigation and negotiations skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, including oral and written communication