We have an excellent opportunity in the Home Warranty Insurance Claims Department in our Vancouver office for a Front Line Manager for an individual who enjoys leading and developing others, and who lives the Aviva values each day. Home Warranty Insurance serves the purpose of protecting consumers of new homes from construction defects in addition to contributing to improving the quality of construction of residential buildings. The Front Line Manager’s role is to supervise and lead the Home Warranty Insurance Claims Administration Department, as well as junior desk adjusters, including the evaluation of all staff reporting to them.
- The administrative team is responsible for receiving and opening incoming claims and assigning them to adjusters within the department, as well as maintaining file location and offsite storage.
- Junior Adjusters manage claims submitted by homeowners under policies of home warranty insurance including making coverage determinations based on the policy issued, the builder agreements and indemnities, and the applicable provincial laws and regulations.
- In addition to supervising and training the administrative team and junior adjusters, the Front Line Manager reviews the policies and procedures of the Home Warranty Claims Department on a regular basis and revises as necessary.
This is a challenging and dynamic role with the expectation of engaging in the proactive and positive environment of the Home Warranty Claims Team and its management group.
Manage and Supervise claims intake and assignment, as well as overall file opening, assignment and handling processes in accordance with Department policies and procedures and requirements of all applicable provincial regulators;
Perform risk assessment on incoming files to determine priority level and appropriate assignment within the Claims Team
Lead, manage and develop 4-7 staff (Admin and Jr. Adjusters) to maximize performance and potential
Assist the Home Warranty Claims Recovery Team in their efforts to recover costs incurred by Aviva through the life cycle of a claim
Assist the Home Warranty Claims Management Team with preparation and analysis of management reports.
Conduct file reviews and audits within the Claims Team.
Review and revise policy and procedures for the Home Warranty Claims Department
Assist in the development, testing and implementation of databases for the use of the Home Warranty Claims Team
- Manage the physical and electronic storage and tracking of claim files for the Home Warranty Claims Team
Required Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
- Progressive claims handling experience
- Construction-related experience
- 2+ years people management experience with proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and team-building skills
- Superior customer service and people skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Windows, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn, understand and use information management databases