Senior Product Specialist – Commercial Lines
Our Executive Office is looking for someone with commercial underwriting knowledge who is interested in taking their career to that next level as a Senior Product Specialist in the Insurance Solutions Department. In this role, your work will have an organization-wide impact leading and participating in product, coverage and rating reviews to improve and maintain existing commercial insurance products, and to develop new coverages and products for the commercial line of business. You will work closely with our commercial regional offices to support the profitable growth of their commercial books of business.
This role collaborates with their team and various areas of the company including Systems, Marketing and Finance, in order to ensure product and system changes and roll outs are approved by and consumed correctly by all stakeholders. We are currently seeking a commercial insurance professional with a strong proficieny in Commercial wordings.
If you are currently a commercial underwriter or have commercial underwriting background then this role is for you!
- Monitoring/analysis and maintenance of current insurance products and wordings (Select Series, Contractors Choice, Chef’s Specialty, Oilfield Select, Automobile Select, Commercial Insurance Policy). This includes keeping abreast of market and competition trends in order to ensure that Wawanesa remains competitive in the insurance marketplace
- Lead or participate in research and development initiatives with our Product Innovation team for current products as well as in the creation of new products
- Develop and deliver appropriate training materials and presentations for underwriters, claims departments and brokers as required
- Share your knowledge and skill with others through mentoring
- Continue to shape “One Wawanesa” by collaborating in the development and maintenance of consistent underwriting guidelines and procedures for all commercial regions
- Provide guidance to regional offices requesting risk approvals, helping to shape the company underwriting appetites and best practices
- Keep abreast of all aspects of the company; developing and enhancing business relationships both internal and externally
- Lead regional underwriting reviews in order to promote consistent and sound underwriting practices and pinpoint training opportunities for regional offices
- Continue with personal development and education with company-supported conferences, seminars, classes and online learning
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of seven years Property and Casualty industry experience, preferably in a commercial capacity
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be considered an asset
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of farm insurance products would be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation skills including the ability to present information at the right level for the audience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to develop, deliver and mentor others to adhere to company standards
- Ability to participate in and facilitate high team morale
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Demonstrated knowledge in Commercial wordings strongly preferred
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online by October 20, 2017.