HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB International HKMB Commercial Lines, Cross Border Accounts team in Toronto continues to grow and currently looking for a strong Commercial Insurance Broker with cross border business experience with strong technical acumen and attention to detail to complement a strong and experienced Cross Border Accounts Team.
This role involves interaction with diverse stakeholders including global brokers, finance, and Account Managers. The associate works hand in hand with the Account Managers on the entire lifecycle of a cross border account; working with global broker partners, local underwriters and the HUB Cross Border team. This is a great role for exposure to diverse commercial insurance lines policies and preparing for an Account Manager role for future career development. Join an entrepreneurial team with positive employee engagement and be part of their continuing success!
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Effective communication with global brokers, local underwriters and multinational companies.
- Responding to third party information requests
- Day to day activities for clients and prospects
- Preparation of insurance certificates in line with local policy coverages
- Calculating provincial taxes, preparing premium finance quotes, etc.
- Timely issuance of submissions, binders, summaries, policies
- Basic policy proofing and fact checking of legal contracts
- Managing abeyances and expiry dates
- Forwarding submission to underwriters and following up for responses
- Answering basic client inquiries, communicating with insurance companies
- Provide assistance where required within team
- Assist in collection to HUB International HKMB standards
- Negotiation and use of Finance Plans
- Minimize DSO to HUB International HKMB standards
- File management to HUB International HKMB standards (policy documents, summaries, correspondence, etc.)
- Support annual budget process
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience in Commercial Insurance required, with experience in cross border accounts preferred
- RIBO Licence required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience on Epic or equivalent insurance management system
- CIP/CAIB/CRM Designation required or in progress
- Strong organizational, time and client management skills
- Effective communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive and customer focused approach
Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Discipline - focused on goals
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Apply Now: https://hubinternational.jobs/toronto-on/commercial-lines-account-associate-cross-border-practice/1C6EB5EF39944E8AAD4838EDFB44D7A6/job/