The Canadian subsidiary of Raymond James Bank is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to work in our Toronto office. Raymond James is one of Canada’s fastest growing commercial lenders offering competitive corporate lending solutions to clients across the country.
Reporting to the local Country Head in Toronto and the Chief Credit Officer in the U.S., the Credit Analyst has intermediate level knowledge and skills to support our business unit by reviewing credit information for commercial clients and analyzing complex financial data to assist in making credit decisions and manage processes. More specifically, the role will primarily consist of two main roles:
New Loan Underwriting – review of new loan requests from lending partners, brokers and direct from clients, including loan investment memorandums. Reviewing financial statements and rent rolls to prepare independent cash flow and underwriting value estimates focusing on large complex transactions for large institutional-calibre borrowers.
Loan Portfolio Management – prepare quarterly and annual credit reviews, collate and analyze complex financial and non-financial data on the group’s existing clients and loan portfolio. Working alongside the senior members of the lending team in their day-to-day management of the portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct due diligence investigations for prospective transactions, including analyze loan investment memorandums and financial statements;
- Interpret findings, prepare various reports for the lending team and present to senior management for approval
- Prepare and deliver written and oral credit presentations;
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, summaries and monitor the financial position of established accounts and bring irregularities to higher level associates;
- Prepare report evaluations, ensuring compliance with organizational policies and applicable Provincial, Federal, agency and investor guidelines;
- Maintain documentation files and monitor compliance with terms of loan/accounts;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent;
- 2-4 years of working experience with a commercial real estate lender or investment firm;
- Ability to interpret and create rent rolls, operating statements and financial projections;
- Knowledge of commercial real estate investment industry (markets, players and terminology);
- Knowledge of real estate lending concepts, practices and procedures of credit analysis;
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills; and
- Ability to be decisive, proactive and a team player.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive compensation package.
If you would like to join our team, please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # by September 15, 2017 to:
2100 – 925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We require applicants to complete a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company, including but not limited to a credit and criminal record check. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role: only those being directly considered will be contacted.