Girl Guides of Canada–Guides du Canada (GGC) is the leading member organization for girls encouraging personal development and leadership. Through challenging and stimulating opportunities we fulfill our Mission to enable girls to be confident, resourceful and courageous, and to make a difference in the world.
GGC recognizes and values the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strives to ensure environments where girls and women from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully. This commitment to inclusion means GGC’s culture, programming, and practices encourage self-awareness and awareness of others; room for difference; and environments where girls and women feel safe, respected, supported, and inspired to reach their potential.
GGC is currently seeking an energetic, personable and professional Supervisor, Marketing and Media Relations. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Strategic Alliances, you will be responsible for the supervision of the Marketing team (2), as well as the development and execution of strategic media, advertising and public relations programs.
Your major responsibilities will be:
- Develop and implement marketing and public relations strategies and plans for a variety of audiences.
- Support and enhance GGC brand through social media, marketing and PR programs.
- Develop key messages for integration into marketing and PR materials and activities, ensuring consistency.
- Participate in the development and preparation of various proposals, creative briefs, project plans, critical paths and budgets for each project and provide recommendations to solve problems/issues.
- Steward the GGC brand and enforce strict brand and logo guidelines.
- Help allocate and manage various internal and external resources, agencies, vendors and partners.
- Assist the Manager, Marketing & Strategic Alliances with media related activities, e.g., crisis communication, press conferences, press releases, events, media interviews and phone inquiries.
- Prepare and maintain the national media list and be responsible for outreach to media as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, Marketing & PR, monitor current events and remain up-to-date on relevant stories, topics and issues related to GGC or GGC programming.
- Provide marketing and PR support to other department initiatives as required.
- Participate in budget development of operational plan; monitor expenditure of approved finances and review monthly financial statements.
- Supervise and mentor two (2) staff members including providing direction, performance feedback, and coaching for skills development.
- A degree with focus in Marketing, Communications, or closely related discipline.
- Five (5+) years’ experience providing marketing, communication and media relations expertise.
- Knowledge and expertise in advertising (e.g. branding, print collateral, digital online), CRM, social marketing practices, media and public relations, online analytics, metrics and marketing research.
- Successful in researching, planning, executing and evaluating marketing strategies, advertising, promotional and social media campaigns.
- Experience working with media agencies, external partners, key stakeholders, third party suppliers/vendors, different structures and levels of management.
- Superior writing/editing, and presentation skills; confidently pitch stories and deal with all aspects of crisis communication and media relations.
- Successful in coaching, monitoring and management of staff.
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills; the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines along with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated professional appearance and conduct.
- Experience working with volunteers within the non-profit or charitable sector.
- French language skill/fluency.
- Some evening / weekend work involved, with travel
Submit resume and salary requirements by January 19, 2014 to:
Elena Toomey- Manager, Human Resources
Girl Guides ofCanada– Guides du Canada
50 Merton Street,Toronto,ONM4S 1A3
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.