Job Purpose: The Association Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination and general administrative support of non-profit professional or scientific clients.
Main job-specific responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to AE or AM
- Coordinate communications: email, newsletters and Web site
- Manage membership drives, recruitment campaigns, elections
- Administrative support to client committees
- Support team in program development, promotion of conferences, onsite support, and post-conference activities, such as evaluations, abstracts
- Liaise with external stakeholders (vendors, suppliers)
- Other job-specific responsibilities as required.
- Travel to client conference required (3-10 days/year)
General team responsibilities include:
- Provide the highest standard of service to all Malachite clients.
- Participate in and contribute to Malachite corporate planning events, including regular staff meetings and strategic planning events.
- Contribute ideas and supporting initiatives to reach corporate goals.
- Work with the CEO and AEs to set and attain individual goals which align with corporate goals.
- Support the entire Malachite team in day-to-day operations by providing vacation coverage for colleagues, sharing knowledge and experience, training new employees, and providing assistance beyond the range of normal job duties at busy times (e.g., during conferences), etc.
- Other team responsibilities as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Multi-tasking with number of team members
- Customer service oriented
- Fundraising/revenue generation
- Thrive in multi-tasking, multi-party and deadline-driven environments
- Second language a plus
- Science background desirable to advance
- Post-secondary degree (business or science preferable), project management certification or equivalent professional experience
- 1 year work experience providing association management services or comparable professional experience
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Database development
- Fundraising or revenue generation
- Project coordination
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities. If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply here