Scope of the position
Refrigerative Supply’s York Residential Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for establishing and promoting relationships with customers based on integrity, trust and credibility to inspire mutual growth and profitability. York Residential TM maintains the highest level of service in each area of responsibility with the ultimate goal of selling York Residential and associated products, within the sales area assigned. The direct responsibility for supervision comes from the Branch Manager and the York Residential Product Manager. A harmony between the outside sales responsibilities and day to day branch activities needs to be maintained in coordination with the Branch Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Refrigerative Supply in a professional manner at all times.
- Participate with management in updating territory plan and setting sales goals.
- Determine sales potential for new and existing customers through inquiry, observation and periodical research.
- Call on established customers and develop new accounts by cold-calling.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products.
- Contact customers regularly to provide on-going information on new equipment and products.
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction and maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Gain and apply product knowledge to enhance sales and personal professionalism. Remain current on product and industry knowledge by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals.
- Increase business and account base by finding and qualifying new business accounts for York Residential products (ductless, HRV’s, install materials, Aftermarket parts, etc.) using sales techniques to cross sell and up-sell.
- Maintain record of customer information and requests and assist clients as required (supply information, resolve complaints, etc.)
- Negotiate and establish pricing and terms according to Refrigerative Supply’s requirements for customers and transaction profitability.
- Know and understand the York Dealer Programs, with a strong ability to explain and demonstrate how the programs will benefit the customer to achieve maximum sales potential.
- Visit customers on site to assist in trouble shooting, address concerns, and to follow up on the progress of a job.
- Keep all inside and outside sales staff in your region informed in regards to the dealer base, pending jobs, market information, and product or program changes.
- Gather statistical information such as sales volume, gross profit and sales forecast by customer.
- Implement a regular weekly call schedule with York dealers and potential new accounts.
- Understand and implement marketing programs for residential products, not limited to York.
- Coordinate York dealer programs and provide assistance to best utilize co-op dollars made available to the dealer.
- Coordinate and host dealer meetings; including the preparation of program and pricing materials.
- Provide sales and product training to key York dealer personnel, as requested by the dealer or management.
- Collaborate with staff to exchange information and assist in branch operations as required.
- Travel within the province as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven sales ability as demonstrated by using effective selling methods.
- Knowledge of HVAC/R systems and the ability to discuss with customers.
- Understanding of the process orders, quotes, credits, and back orders on the computer.
- Understanding of the basic inventory, warehousing and stocking procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Energetic and self-motivated.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced work environment.
- Superior organization skills.
- Effective listening, communication skills (verbal and written) and negotiating skills.
- Must be able to use a computer and software (web based or otherwise) provided by management and our suppliers. E.g. Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), distribution software, manufacturer/supplier programs and websites.
- Ability to travel within the province.
- Access to own vehicle, valid Class 5 driving license and clean driving record.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in a similar position (3 years preferred)
- Minimum 2 years in progressive position (3 years preferred)
- Product/applications experience required
- Wholesale distribution experience required
Not just a job, a career opportunity!
Leading in the air conditioning, refrigeration and heating sectors for more than 70 years, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future. Refrigerative Supply Ltd. provides an environment where employees leverage their skills, talents, experience and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Want to apply?
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Refrigerative Supply Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest;however, only those selected will be contacted.