An exciting opportunity for a self-motivated maintenance professional in Toronto, ON
Canada Post is committed to providing innovative physical and electronic delivery solutions that create value for our customers, employees and all Canadians, and every member of our team plays a key role in making this happen.
As Manager, Maintenance, you’ll be a valued member of the plant’s management team, and call on your solid industrial maintenance supervisory background as you provide strategic direction on all maintenance issues relating to mail handling and processing equipment at Canada Post.
As a Maintenance Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership, expertise and advice to senior management and related disciplines in all matters related to maintenance of mail processing and mail handling equipment for the designated region or plant, communicating with all parties regularly to ensure effective integration and prioritization of issues and activities.
- Manage all maintenance programs for mail processing and handling equipment within the plant(s) and designated facilities, so equipment meets set performance standards (KPI) and legislated requirements.
- Achieve optimum equipment performance and availability through the execution of preventive maintenance programs to meet operational plans, schedules and standards.
- Direct the execution of corrective and breakdown maintenance activities to ensure they are carried out safely, correctly and efficiently, in order to maximize equipment availability.
- Oversee a work planning and scheduling system capable of providing cost estimation, cost control and reporting, and ensure that work orders, logs and other documentation are complete, accurate and submitted as per policy.
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment by providing appropriate training, documentation, personal protective equipment, tools and established procedures, and encouraging initiative and leadership in safe work practices.
- Create and maintain staffing profiles to effectively execute preventive programs and repairs.
- Carry out the full range of management functions for the Maintenance team.
- Interface between Canada Post and external maintenance service providers, managing contracted building services in some locations, as well as managing maintenance and support contracts with external contractors.
- Ensure, through succession planning and training, a continuing development of competent superintendents and technical staff.
- Participate in multidisciplinary projects to ensure that short- and long-term maintenance impacts are accurately assessed and reflected in the implementation, and monitor results.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Manager, Maintenance:
- Completed post-secondary education, preferably in a related field, e.g. degree or diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering and eligibility for EIT or P.Eng. certification.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Maintenance Management Professional (MPP) designation OR commitment to completing the MMP program within 3 years of appointment.
- Ability to provide leadership, expertise and advice to senior management.
- Strong self-motivation with a commitment to achieving excellence.
- Demonstrated sound judgement with excellent decision-making, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee health and safety.
- Familiarity with working in a unionized environment.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this position (Job ID 997) via the Canada Post Careers website, click on the following URL:
Discover your future. Broad horizons.
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.