Project Engineer – I, II, III – PE in Quebec Required
SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual with a PE in Quebec for our Project Engineer I, II, III position in our Boucherville, Quebec field office.
- Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power systems and related SEL products.
- Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
- Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PE in Quebec
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and Protection practices and philosophies
- Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills in English and French
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all candidates to apply through our website at www.selinc.com/careers. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume or CV for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.