- Excellent opportunity to use your engineering experience with an organization that is committed to safety and the environment!
- Put your expertise to work in a dynamic, engaging, and collaborative team environment!
- Receive competitive compensation and benefits with a global leader!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Methanex currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our team in Medicine Hat on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will identify methods that optimize plant operating conditions to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity on a daily basis while minimizing risks to people, equipment, and the environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Operations department to achieve daily excellence in plant operation by tracking and proposing process changes to meet established targets in plant rate and energy efficiency
- Providing engineering input into troubleshooting operational problems, plant upsets, and plant shutdowns/startups
- Providing process engineering support for plant changes, and develop process related procedures
- Completing financial analysis and feasibility studies for plant projects
- Supporting process safety management by improving the safety in design performance of the Medicine Hat site through application of learnings from incidents at other sites
- Leading process hazard analysis studies, such as HAZOP and FMEA, to identify and minimize risk and mitigate hazards through the plant, including plant revalidation HAZOPs
- Actively participating in the implementation and continuous improvement of the twenty elements of process safety management for the site
- Leading incident investigations and performing root cause analysis, as well as participating in process and non-process safety audits
- Providing input into the annual budget planning process and preparing contracts in consultation with the Lead Process Engineer
- Mentoring and collaboratively supporting EITs (engineers in training) and less experienced process engineering team members
Our ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering plus five years of engineering experience, with four years of experience specifically within a gas processing facility preferred.
You will also have a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation through the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta, or be eligible to obtain the designation.
You must also have demonstrated competency with process modelling software, such as Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Exchanger Design and Rating or equivalent, as well as with hazard review and analysis software, with PHAPro preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and Visio are also required.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Building on our core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, our corporate culture encourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation. We are also very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives. We sponsor scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at our manufacturing facilities.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect to receive an industry competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Medical/Dental plan
- Short term & long term disability coverage & survivor benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan, and optional Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Optional Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Annual pay for performance bonus plan
- Possible relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Other benefits, including fitness subsidy and education assistance programs
Join this thriving and team focused market leader today and expand your experience with a new challenge - Apply Now! For full details and to apply, please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/93138