Manager, Contract Claims Office
Do you have the experience, knowledge and proven track record of resolving complex contract disputes relating to the construction, engineering and maintenance of highway contracts?
Are you interested in overseeing our dispute resolution process, covering over $2 billion in highway capital construction contracts annually?
If you are an energetic and committed leader, consider a position as the Manager of the Contract Claims Office.
In addition to being the location of a rewarding career with the Ministry of Transportation, St. Catharines should be considered one of the best places to live. With great regional features such as our wine country, various festivals, outstanding recreational and cultural opportunities, all located at your doorstep to the short commuting distance to anything you would like to experience, St. Catharines is a great place to call home.
What can I expect to do in this role?
You will provide the leadership necessary to avoid and resolve contract disputes (claims). You will accomplish this by:
• leading a team of professionals engaged in the resolution of claims
• providing senior-level strategic engineering expertise for the development and implementation of creative management processes, systems and training to avoid and resolve claims
• representing the ministry on internal/external committees and partnerships with our stakeholders to gain consensus for ministry initiatives and negotiate arrangements to resolve complex issues
• managing office staff, including developing work plans and organizing workload assignments, hiring and directing staff, developing performance standards and managing performance
Location: St. Catharines
How do I qualify?
• You are a Professional Engineer, licensed with the Association of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
Management Skills and Abilities:
• You have Advanced knowledge of engineering theory, principles and practices of civil engineering, and contract law as they relate to highway maintenance, construction, and engineering consultant services.
• You have superior leadership and innovation skills to enable and motivate staff.
• You have excellent management skills to navigate a diverse and complex organization and ensure cost effectiveness of policy and operations alternatives.
• You have strategic expertise to develop policies, procedures and systems to support the avoidance and resolution of claims.
Consultation, Negotiations and Communication Skills and Abilities:
• You have excellent negotiation and consultation skills to leverage partnerships, both internally and externally to resolve complex claims.
• You have excellent communication and presentation skills to provide strategic authoritative advice to senior management, gain consensus and establish effective working relationships.
Planning, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills and Abilities:
• You have strong planning, organizational and project management skills to support the consistent implementation of division priorities and decisions.
• You have superior analytical and problem solving skills to lead the analysis of complex engineering claims.
Salary Range: $95,113 - $134,604 per year
- 1 Permanent, 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 113179, by Tuesday, November 21, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.