Lethbridge Iron Works Ltd. has a fantastic opportunity for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will be responsible developing and maintaining plant quality control systems in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the statistical process control program by performing a variety of statistical analysis on products and production processes
- Conducting studies to develop inspection methods and sampling control procedures to achieve quality control goals and reduce manufacturing costs
- Managing and overseeing internal audit processes, including training and development of internal auditors.
- Providing on-going coaching to members of the Management team on the new implementation of ISO 9001:2015
- Coordinating and validating corrective and preventative action processes
- Providing effective and timely resolution to customer complaints and sub-contractor issues
- Maintaining plant measurement and test equipment.
- Coordinating instrument calibration and repairs, conducting gauge repeatability and reproducibility studies, and tracking gauge histories
- Establishing key production process characteristics and providing assistance in developing procedures to control these factors
- Conducting production processes and product failure mode effect analysis
- Assisting in quality planning portion of product realization
- Overseeing quality meetings and communication of results
- Ensuring proper retention of quality records and their analysis
- Providing product certification to customers as required
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a BSc/BEng in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or Metallurgical engineering. Previous foundry (ferrous) experience in a QA role will be considered an asset.
You will also possess:
- Knowledge of ISO certifications
- Proven track record of ISO recertification and new standards implementation
- A strong working comprehension with GD&T, PPAP, FAI documentation & processes
- Familiarity with product testing procedures
Our ideal candidate for this role will have an understanding of foundry specific products and manufacturing procedures, strong interpersonal and time management skills and excellent customer service abilities.
This role will involve a mixture of both office and factory work. Due to the nature of this role, you must be comfortable walking, standing or sitting for several consecutive hours and must willing to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate production needs and you will also be exposed to both chemicals and heat.
About the Benefits
Upon joining Lethbridge Iron Works, you'll receive a competitive wage that's commensurate with your skills and experience. In exchange for all your hard work, you can look forward to taking advantage of the employee benefits program which includes:
- Eligibility for participation in the companies profit sharing program
- Group Insurance Plan (including Life, Dependent Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Extended Health, and Dental)
- Enrollment into the company Pension Plan after 1 year of employment
- Opportunity to participate in a group RRSP plan
Better yet, you'll be joining a dedicated group of motivated individuals who take pride in their work and demonstrate a strong commitment to safety. The Lethbridge Iron Works team strives to create an inclusive, supportive team culture where your contributions are always valued.
If you're ready to take on an exciting role with a recognized company, we want to speak with you! Apply today!
For more info and to apply see: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/93953