Manager, Parcel & Lettermail Equipment Engineering
Are you a professional Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineer looking for an opportunity to advance your career and take on a role with company-wide impact? Do you have what it takes to promote a culture of continuous improvement and technological excellence? Then, we should talk.
As Manager of Parcel and Lettermail Equipment Engineering with Canada Post, you’ll be the Corporate expert in national mail-processing equipment engineering, including equipment design, configuration and technical support. Reporting to the Director, Equipment Engineering, you will manage the development of corporate programs, specifications, procedures and standards to support procurement processes, and design modifications, and manage projects for new equipment deployments.
As Manager, Parcel & Lettermail Equipment Engineering, you will:
- Recommend long-term and short-term national Mail Processing Equipment (MPE) engineering strategies and plans consistent with Corporate objectives.
- Advise on technological needs and specific long-term programs to be included in the Corporate investment program.
- Define policies and procedures to ensure the ongoing performance, functionality, safety and reliable operation of national MPE.
- Manage the development of engineering specifications to support procurement processes, design modifications and configuration changes of Equipment so as to ensure requirements are met in a cost-effective manner.
- Establish and manage project teams using internal and external resources as appropriate; set terms of reference for each of the parties; establish schedules and budgets, and determine monitoring and reporting processes; review project work; resolve team and project problems; and ensure compliance with configuration control procedures.
- Participate in projects led by others, providing MPE engineering or mail standards expertise.
- As national MPE expert, manage the review of change proposals for technical feasibility, safety/ergonomics, cost impact, and fit with MPE engineering strategy, approve any changes, communicate findings and follow up, as necessary.
- Facilitate the generation of concepts for enhancements and/or innovations for MPE and mail standards.
- Recommend minimum spare quantities based on mean time between failure and mean time to repair, direct the development of manufacturing documentation and prototypes to allow sourcing of critical parts, and validate parts manufacturing documentation for configuration control and contracting.
- Recommend maintenance and operational requirements, and support the development of technical course content, course material and documentation of equipment for all maintenance training.
- Manage the review and approval of all maintenance and engineering documentation to ensure compliance with the Equipment and Systems Purchasing Agreement; authorize distribution of technical documentation to Field Technical Services; and ensure documentation is updated as changes occur.
- Develop and implement an overall Audit Program for all Equipment, and support the development, testing and implementation of contingency plans.
- Monitor developments affecting MPE and mail standards, and act as an internal champion to promote enhancements made possible by evolving technology and other improvements in industrial standards.
You bring a successful track record to the role of Manager, Parcel & Lettermail Equipment Engineering:
- An undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a supervisory capacity, managing a team of technical people involved in medium to large-scale projects
- At least 5 years of engineering experience designing and implementing automation, equipment or other technology in an industrial, manufacturing, or processing facility
- Licensing as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
- Demonstrated skills as a team leader with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Experience in the application of Health and Safety Codes and Standards in equipment and technology design
- Strong Project Management skills and experience with developing and managing resources and budgets, prioritizing tasks, and successfully managing timelines and deliverables
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills using various media channels
- Practical experience in all phases of equipment implementations, including design, specification development, RFP and contract/negotiations/award, design reviews, installation, testing and commissioning, and successful transition to operations
- Experience executing such activities in a unionized environment with a focus on safety, an asset
- The ability to travel on business up to 30% of the time.
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
To apply for this position (Job ID 2644) via the Canada Post Careers website, click on the following URL:
Discover your future. Broad horizons.
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.