Newlands Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Abbotsford, BC.
The Mechanical Engineer will report to the Head of Engineering, and will be responsible for the engineering design of process equipment and complete systems, with some hands-on testing.
As a focused and passionate engineer, you will work in a deadline-driven environment to complete your regular duties which include:
- Performing engineering calculations
- Producing manufacturing drawings using SolidWorks
- Ensuring the timely delivery of drawings to meet production schedules
- Interacting with fabricators on the shop floor to ensure quality and resolve problems
- Liaising with vendors and customers to develop new designs and manage product launch and success
- Managing projects from sales, design, manufacturing through to commissioning
- Maintaining positive working relationships and providing service support to assigned customers
- Organizing and executing project / design meetings as needed
- Documenting and reporting design / project data in required format
- Providing a high level of customer service and responding to inquiries with a sense of urgency
In order to apply, you will need the following:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering – registered or eligible to register as EIT / P.Eng. with EGBC
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Experience in P&ID, Plant Layout & Piping
- Ability to do ASME, API and other design calculations and equipment design
- Proficiency in 2D & 3D CAD and Microsoft Office applications
- Project Management experience (Asset)
- Strong knowledge of mechanical components, machine design, and machining practices
In order to be successful on the job, you will need strong knowledge of process typing, mechanical components, machine design, and machining practices. Any knowledge or experience with fabrication and welding procedures will also put your application at the top of our list.
If you also have experience in the manufacturing and/or process industry with knowledge of lean manufacturing, value added engineering, value stream mapping, DFMEA, product life cycle management, or other manufacturing optimization techniques, then we want to speak with you.
Lastly, we are searching for an excellent communicator (written and verbal) who can excel while working with minimal supervision. If you have the experience and qualifications to be our next engineer, please apply today!
About the Benefits
Upon joining Newlands Systems you will be rewarded in many ways - and not just your salary!
In addition to a competitive hourly rate commensurate with your qualifications and experience, you can expect to receive the following benefits after a 3-month probationary period:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company matched RRSP
- Death, Disability and Life Insurance
- Performance-based incentives/bonus
- Opportunities for training and professional development
That's not all. At Newlands Systems you will be welcomed into a friendly and social team environment that recognizes and rewards hard work. In addition to social events and team BBQs, we also offer a modern, clean and safe working environment.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to grow your career with an innovative and industry leading manufacturer - Apply Now!
For more info and to apply see: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/94413