Are you a facilities operations leader interested in playing a key role in ensuring that Peel District School Board students, staff and visitors can rely on well-maintained, clean and safe facilities? If so, our Facilities and Environmental Support Services team has a permanent opportunity you’ll want to consider.
Reporting to the General Manager, Facilities Operations, you will manage custodial staff and facilities services within your assigned area, with a focus on ensuring adherence to cleaning, maintenance and security standards. This will entail providing daily supervision and direction to a complement of 80 to 120 full- and part-time custodians and school attendants, plus Office Assistants and contracted services, as well as site management in all aspects of facilities operations for 15 to 25 locations.
Having held progressive supervisory responsibilities, you’re ready to manage the annual budget, the provision of contracted services for schools within your portfolio, the administration of collective agreements, staff hiring and development, and all applicable training – from Health and Safety, WHMIS and asbestos, to record-keeping. An integral part of your job will also involve identifying, prioritizing and administering building renewal projects, and participating in planning, scheduling and monitoring new construction and additions.
You must be prepared to be on‑call approximately 2 weeks per year to provide leadership in responding to all after‑hours emergencies, and be available to assist with after‑hours/weekend emergencies in your assigned area.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Facilities Manager, you will call upon a track record of success encompassing at least 5 years’ experience providing custodial services in progressively responsible positions, and 2 years of demonstrated supervision and leadership. You will also bring to the table:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of related education and directly related experience.
- Preferably, certification in Facilities Management or progress towards completion of such certification.
- Thorough working knowledge of custodial and maintenance processes, school board policies and procedures, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Employment Standards Act, budgets, collective agreements and ISO standards.
- Excellent technical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as computer literacy.
- Demonstrated coordination, project management, initiative, decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent budget management, organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
To apply for the Facilities Manager position, please complete an online application through www.applytoeducation.com. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.