A Quality Engineering Coordinator will support the Formet Team as a champion to develop and maintain quality management systems. They will work with the program coordinators to ensure conformance to the prescribed standard or specifications. The Quality Engineering Coordinator will support the needs of internal and external customers, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- erform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet's Visions/Values through Magna's Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Act as the customer liaison on all aspects of the program during the launch.
- Support the program team from a quality engineering perspective.
- Champion the quality functions of APQP.
- Coordinate the design and buy off of fixtures and gauges.
- Act as a champion and decision maker for quality related issues.
- Investigate customer concerns to ensure proper action plans being put in place to contain and to prevent recurrence (and across all similar processes).
- Review problem reports with resolutions and verify the effectiveness at Formet and Customer locations to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customers' product and engineering specifications.
- Assist in the training of personnel in all customer requirements when required.
- Take initiative to follow through on completion of tasks.
- Support buy-offs as required.
- Support in the implementation and revisions of quality documents.
- Be dedicated to generating PPAP packages.
- Perform and analyze capability / reliability studies as required.
- To travel and work overtime on short notice.
- Attend and / or champion meetings.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Perform other duties as designated.
Knowledge and Education
- Post-secondary education or equivalent.
- Completion of Quality Assurance Certificate and / or Engineering Certificate.
- Minimum 2 years in the Automotive Quality Field in an Engineering Coordinator position or equivalent.
- Experience in TS 16949 and Advanced GD&T.
- Some experience in gauging, fixtures, and metrology an asset.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments.
- Some travel on short notice may be required.
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.