Presstran Industries, a division of Magna International located in St. Thomas, Ontario, has developed an enviable reputation as a supplier to the automotive industry known for the high quality of its product and the excellence of its service. Presstran's lines of automotive stampings and welding assemblies are used in front motor compartments, underbody structures, truck frame components and front and rear suspensions as well as non-automotive applications
The Program Manager works closely with divisional, customer, and supplier staff specialists to develop, plan and implement new business projects within the division. Using project & program management skills and methodologies (APQP & PDP/CPMP), the Program Manager leads a dedicated cross-functional team to successfully implement new and existing business on time, to meet resource, manufacturing performance & customer objectives at optimum profitability. The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of the program, from inception through product development, prototype, effective tool & equipment builds, launch, PPAP, production and program closeout.
1. Manages and leads all aspects of assigned programs (Automotive/Alternative Energy) from inception to completion [total product life] within budgetary, timing, and quality criteria.
2. Provides leadership, guidance and support to Project Coordinators and other APQP project staff.
3. Provides technical support for the continuous improvement of divisional manufacturing projects and/or processes, including the recommendation and implementation of new technology and processes.
4. Provides back up leadership within department in the absence of the Engineering Leader.
5. Keeps up-to-date on customer requirements and communicates to department leaders or designates.
6. Responsible for the program by leading the cross functional team in establishing, planning and executing timing, resources, budgets and manufacturing performance objectives to meet customer, people & investor targets.
7. Develops programs by recommending, monitoring and adjusting appropriate plant operating procedures to meet program requirements.
8. Coordinates program vendor activities including design, tooling and parts suppliers to ensure cost, delivery and quality targets are met according to customer requirements & Cosma/Presstran Standards and schedules.
9. Ensures prototype and production tools, processes and parts meet the targeted cost, quality and timing constraints.
10. Develops and reports tooling, assemblies, processes and other associated costs for customer requests for quotations.
11. Implements and practices APQP & PDP/CPMP procedures.
12. Prepares quotations for piece cost and tooling, both prototype and production for approval.
13. Ensures that all pricing is appropriately documented and analysed on Visi-Quote and in business cases for approval to meet divisional business and profitability criteria.
14. Ensures that any changes to Bills of Material, tooling, costing, pricing and/or processes are properly documented, communicated, and implemented effectively with the appropriate departments, personnel, customer & suppliers.
15. Excel, Word, Microsoft Office and other required programs, software and applications.
Knowledge and Education
1. Degree in Engineering (or Engineering Technology Diploma may be considered) and a minimum of five (5) years' experience in an engineering capacity.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of program management experience required (or significant project management experience or leadership/management experience may be considered), a certificate or diploma in Project Management is preferred.
3. Need to have an understanding of stamping and assembly processes, APQP, PDP (CPMP), PPAP, GD&T, ergonomics, basic engineering practices, production experience, and other automotive/Alternative Energy related activities.
4. Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving, financial, and time management skills.
5. Proven leadership experience.
6. Computer proficiency including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) and literacy in CAD.
Skills and Competencies
Equipment: PC, printer, telephone, fax, photocopier, plotters, etc. Software: Excel, CAD, Mechanical Desktop, Microsoft Office, MS Project, Windows, and internal databases software etc.
Under the general direction of the department leader, the Program Manager works independently and confers regularly with inside and outside contacts to ensure successful implementation of programs & projects. Frequent day travel is required with occasional overnight accommodation at various locations, as well as overtime required to meet program expectations. The incumbent must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Program Manager works in an office environment but may be exposed to elements such as temperature and noise during time spent in the plant or at customer or supplier facilities. Ability to obtain and retain a valid passport is required.
Presstran has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Magna International Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.