Posting No. 437(222)
The City of Saskatoon is an Employment Equity employer
- Plans, designs, schedules and manages engineering work related to operation and maintenance of the City’s water and sewer infrastructure including preparation of yearly operating budget projections for area.
- Prepares detailed designs and selects materials, supervises the drafting of plans, prepares specifications and tender documents.
- Obtains approvals from regulatory agencies, prepares cost estimates, reviews tenders and prepares recommendations, provides contract administration and ensures compliance with civic and provincial safety regulations. Establishes, develops and recommends business strategies and policies to provide the most cost efficient delivery of programs.
- Prepares regular and comprehensive progress and financial status reports, prepares written reports for water and sewer preservation, maintenance and operations. Compiles policy, procedure and quality standards manuals.
- Plans, directs and administers the collection and analysis of data related to the condition and capacity of water and sewer systems.
- Conducts the analysis of operating problems within the Infrastructure Services systems and develops and recommends solutions. Reviews, monitors and assess performance outputs to meet documented level of service standards, operational procedures, and occupational health and safety procedures.
- Investigates, evaluates and recommends acceptance of new or alternate technologies. Research and develop operational policies and is responsible for coordinating and monitoring these policies.
- Supervises trains and directs the activities of technical and non-technical staff Monitors, evaluates and reports the performance of support staff. Establish develop and implement training requirements and provide training, coaching and development of water and sewer employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A degree in engineering and registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGS OR registered as an engineering licensee with appropriate scope of practice with APEGS.
- Four to six years’ progressively responsible professional engineering experience in a municipal or similar environment including two years of supervisory experience
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a professional engineer in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of municipal engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance and quality control practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the corporate safety policy, collective agreements, letters of understanding, Provincial occupational health and safety regulations, legislation and applicable bylaws, engineering standards and specifications.
- Knowledge of asset management principles.
- Ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use various software packages such as databases and custom software packages (e.g. Maintenance Management software).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials, staff, representatives of other agencies, and the public.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
$78,725.28 to $92,669.76 per annum (2016 rates)
Monday, December 25, 2017