Develops and manages a program management framework aligned across technologies. Emphasis is on building lateral capability and supporting quality assurance and program improvements through implementation of integrated planning models, standard operating procedures and protocols, policies, technical training, metrics, assessments, and reports. Leads collaborative information-sharing, problem-solving and decision-making in the process of establishing “common ground” across technologies. Also supports business planning for all technologies, and supports Director of Safety Oversight by acting as business lead on designated corporate and departmental projects.
- Participates as a member of the Director of Safety Oversight leadership team, providing input to the development and implementation of strategies and plans. Translates divisional strategies into technical program business plans in support of integrated program management.
- Leads collaborative dialogue, problem-solving and decision-making to establish “common ground” across technologies. Collaborates with Director(s), Safety Managers and other parts of the organization to assess requirements and leverage cross-technology opportunities. Drives effective teamwork, communication, collaborative and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Develops and manages a program management framework including integrated planning tools, standard operating procedures and protocols, policies, technical training, metrics and reports that supports alignment across technologies.
- Supports business planning for technologies through application of integrated planning tools. Pulls information and provides planning advice to Safety Managers, ensuring a common planning approach across technologies, and synthesizes results in support of the organization’s strategic plan.
- Leads a team of Technical Trainers in the development of technical training programs for all technologies. Involves oversight of curriculum development, ensuring alignment with the principles set out in the program management framework; also includes competency assessments as it relates technical policies and procedures.
- Analyzes business intelligence data and information to assess program effectiveness against technology and Safety Oversight metrics. Interprets findings and develops recommendations for program improvements.
- Supports the Director of Safety Oversight by acting as business lead on designated corporate and departmental projects, ensuring the business interests of all technologies are represented in project planning and outcomes. Also recommends alignment of resources to projects, ensuring key deliverables are achieved.
- Develops status reports at regular intervals to ensure Director is informed of achievements, and is also alerted to critical issues as they emerge. Proactively leads the resolution of escalated issues within areas of accountability.
- Conducts research and continuously maintains knowledge and awareness of the technology program areas and related industry trends.
- Manages employees, involving recruitment and selection; coaching and development; performance management; and all related people practices in accordance with policies, practices, and the collective agreement(s).
Education and Experience
The required knowledge and skills for the position would typically be acquired through a degree in engineering or equivalent and 10+ years of experience involving technical program management and development of related business practices and tools.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices; ability to readily understand and work with highly technical concepts and practices
Advanced business acumen to lead integrated program management initiatives within the context of business planning, risk management, quality assurance, assessment and program improvements.
Advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to lead change management through collaborative dialogue, problem-solving and decision-making with technology leaders and other business stakeholders
Advanced planning and coordination skills to develop and manage a streamlined, integrated framework of planning tools, standard operating procedures and protocols, policies, metrics, and assessments, and to manage projects
Experience designing, implementing and managing internal quality assessment framework for technical personnel
Experience planning and managing multiple concurrent internal projects across a range of technical programs.
Advanced analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills to identify, assess and take action to address challenges, manage change, and foster integrated solutions
Solid leadership skills to manage teams of reporting training resources
For a full job description and to apply, visit: