Nortec Humidity Ltd. is currently hiring for its Ottawa, Ontario location:
Under the direction of the Director of Global Developments, the Lab Technologist maintains laboratory facilities, builds and modifies prototype equipment, and performs performance and evaluation testing as directed by engineering staff.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
* Assemble and wire prototypes from drawings and written and verbal instructions provided by engineering staff.
* Modify prototype parts under direction of engineering staff using in house metal fabrication equipment.
* Install, commission and maintain test humidifiers in Nortec’s labs as directed by engineering staff.
* Maintain written logs indicating performance of test units.
* Set up and conduct bench tests for components as directed by engineering staff.
* Install and operate test and data acquisition instrumentation as directed by engineering staff.
* Generate written lab reports on all tests performed.
* Insure Nortec’s labs have the resources and infrastructure to allow Nortec to test and validate Nortec’s humidification equipment.
* Adhere to Nortec’s Quality Assurance System and Health and Safety Policies.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
* Completion or working equivalent of two years Technician course with mechanical, electrical and/or gas experience preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports/logs and effectively present information.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) or Certified Technician (C. Tech.) considered an asset.
To apply for this position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting Lab Technologist in the subject line. Competition closes January 19, 2018. Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Nortec Humidity Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.