Nortec Humidity Ltd. is currently hiring for its Ottawa, Ontario location:
The primary function of this position is to design and develop electrical systems as part of a development team responsible for development of electromechanical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
* Development of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic concepts for new equipment development projects.
* Create P&ID diagrams using Visio software.
* Carry out calculations and simulations to determine the requirements of electrical /electronic control components.
* Evaluate and select standard commercial parts in the electrical / electromechanical / electronic field.
* Create software specifications to be used by external programmers to generate control software.
* Create software for PLC controls and for embedded microcomputer systems in C programming language
* Create hardware specifications to be used by external hardware designers in designing printed circuit boards.
* Review externally developed hardware and software against required functionality.
* Perform and assist with lab testing.
* Create bills of material for electrical and electronic assemblies.
* Support creation of installation, operation, and spare parts manuals by providing descriptions of operation and illustrations as required.
* Support manufacturing department in creation of tools for manufacturing (manufacturing work instructions, electrical test stands, etc).
* Support purchasing and material planning departments with advice and clarification of technical issues.
* Support the technical support department in troubleshooting and finding solutions to customer problems.
* Implementing changes in CIP (Continuous Improvement Process)
* Electrical Engineering degree and minimum of 3 years’ experience in electrical design of electromechanical equipment.
* Experience in electromechanical equipment design.
* Knowledge of programming in C or C++
* Strong documentation and writing skills
To apply for this position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Electrical Engineer in the subject line. Competition closes January 19, 2018. Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Nortec Humidity Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.