Nortec Humidity Ltd. is currently hiring for its Ottawa, Ontario location:
The primary function of this position is to design and develop mechanical equipment as part of a development team responsible for development of HVAC equipment. Responsible for all aspects of mechanical design from concept development, detail design, to production launch.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
* Development of mechanical, thermodynamic, air flow, and hydraulic concepts for new development projects.
* Create P&ID and PFD diagrams using Visio software.
* Carry out calculations and simulations to determine the requirements of mechanical components.
* Evaluate and select standard commercial parts in the mechanical / electromechanical field.
* Create specifications for the design and performance of electromechanical equipment.
* Generate CAD models and CAD drawings.
* Create bills of material for mechanical equipment.
* Assist with prototype assembly, and lab testing.
* Perform all tasks required for transferring a design to production including but not limited to creating assembly drawings/models, assisting with creating production work instructions, developing production processes, and training of production personnel.
* Maintain engineering drawings, component specifications, BOMs and Wiring Diagrams, as required.
* Support creation of installation, operation, and spare parts manuals by providing descriptions of operation and illustrations as required.
* Support purchasing and material planning departments with advice and clarification of technical issues.
* Support the technical support department in troubleshooting and finding solutions to customer problems.
* Implementing changes in CIP (Continuous Improvement Process)
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 5 years related industry experience in design and development of HVAC equipment. Good knowledge and experience in design of mechanical components for injection molding and sheet metal fabrication.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Proficient with Solid Edge or equivalent 3D modeling software. MS Office literate: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point. Experience with SAP or other business management software is an asset.
* Professional Engineering Designation preferred
To apply for this position: Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Mechanical Engineer in the subject line. Competition closes January 19, 2018. Please note that this position is located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Selected candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Telephone inquiries WILL NOT be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen to participate in the interview process will be contacted.
Nortec Humidity Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.