The successful applicant is expected excel this position with a dynamic and creative approach. In particular, he will:
- take part in teaching activities at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- demonstrate excellent research skills to initiate and carry out high-impact projects in his field of expertise;
- supervise graduate students;
- develop and maintain collaborations with research teams within the various engineering departments of Polytechnique Montréal and with industrial partners;
AREA OF EXPERTISE
The Department is seeking a professor who will contribute to its research strengths and whose background teach courses of the chemical engineering curriculum, as well as graduate courses in his field of expertise. Applicants have skills in at least one of the following areas (in alphabetical order) :
- Gene Therapy
- Regenerative Medicine
- Tissue Engineering
All applicants must have a multidisciplinary background and experience in engineering and bioscience, as well as a Ph.D. in a field of application of technologies to biological systems. The successful applicant must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or become a member before applying for tenure. The candidate should maintain his membership throughout his employment at Polytechnique. Applicants must demonstrate excellent research and teaching skills. The working language is French.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This faculty position is tenure-track. Salary and benefits will be set in accordance with the collective agreement between Polytechnique Montréal and its professors.
Applicants are asked to submit a complete package including:
- a detailed curriculum vitæ;
- a description of their expertise;
- a description of their teaching and training objectives;
- a description of their research objectives and research program;
- the name and address of three references;
- a copy of their university diplomas;
- examples of work relevant to the position and three recent scientific contributions;
- evaluations of teaching experience if applicable.
The application file must be received no later than February 27, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. by:
Professor Jamal Chaouki ing., Ph.D.
Department of Chemical Engineering
P.O. Box 6079, Downtown Station
Montréal, Québec H3C 3A7
The examination of applications will begin as soon as possible and will continue until the position is filled.
The masculine may be used without discrimination and solely for the sake of conciseness.
Polytechnique Montréal applies an employment equity program and encourages women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. Accommodation can be provided to persons with disabilities based on their characteristics.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, in accordance with immigration requirements, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.