Now Hiring Engineering Superintendent – Utilities Distribution Systems
Are you looking for a challenging professional career in an energy distribution utility? As the Engineering Superintendent of Utilities Distribution Systems, you will lead the team that provides engineering and project management technical expertise within a broad range of infrastructure related to Gas Distribution. Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, you will be responsible for the staff undertaking capital construction projects: supervising your technical team and project coordination on gas distribution projects. Your team may include Professional Engineers, Engineering Technologists or other technical staff within the Utility Distributions Systems Engineering business unit.
To thrive in this role, you demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships across organizational lines, contractors and professional consultants, industry and utility company representatives, regulatory authorities and the general public. You have an understanding of these regulated industries and ensure safe work guidelines and processes are top of mind.
Our ideal candidate is able to plan, organize and schedule assigned work inside a team of other professionals, and able to respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situations with a thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards, regulatory codes and safe working practices associated with natural gas distribution systems. The ability to be flexible and adaptable to adjusting priorities, along with clear communication, is required.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Electrical or Petroleum);
- Six (6) years directly related work experience as a Professional Engineer, including three (3) years of experience in a supervisory capacity;
- Professional Membership in or the ability to become a Professional Member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA); or as a Professional Engineering Technologist - P.Tech.(Eng.)as a member of the Association of Science & Engineering Technology Profession of Alberta (ASET) will be considered
- Possesses a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and a valid City driver’s license;
- Possesses a valid Standard First Aid Certificate and a current Defensive Driving Course;
- A management approved combination of equivalent education, training, and experience may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefits, learning & development opportunities as well as a great work environment which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume to Competition #18025A Human Resources Department, City of Medicine Hat, Suite 101, 505 First Street SE, Medicine Hat T1A 0A9; fax (403) 525-8870; e-mail email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.