Your future starts here!
We want you to be part of our Team.
Located in Milton Ontario, Modatek Systems is a division of Magna International. At Magna we believe our people are our greatest asset. They imagine what's next, determine what's needed, and do what it takes to make it possible. We invite partners, customers and consumers to become part of the process. Together, anything is possible.
The Area Leader is responsible to support Engineering project management / model launch activity, mentor and coach Engineering Team Members in the performance of their duties and ensure Engineering compliance with all company/regulatory policies and procedures.
What you will be required to do:
- Lead and schedule engineering projects, including Model Launch, ECN implementation, CI's, and facilities improvements.
- Develop Team Members technical, communication, project management skills through coaching and mentoring
- Develop Engineering team members management skills of programs, projects, budgets and integrators
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all departments
- Ensure all Engineering team members have all safety training, follow and enforce all safety policies
- Promote safety, ensure engineering / process compliance for PSHSR, Ergonomics, Guarding, CSA/ESA
- Conduct accident / incident investigations
- Implement corrective actions for Safety, Quality, And Audits
- Promote accountability through application of the progressive discipline policy
- Provide formal and informal performance feedback to Team Members (daily, Weekly, Yearly)
- Facilitate regular department meetings to promote function and communication among Team
- Ensure training for team members as outlined on Modatek System's training matrix
- Investigate and Participate in the review of new potential integrators capabilities and be an active part of the decision process for integrator price negotiation and selection
- Investigate new technologies for feasibility and promote ideas to enable our company to gain cost competitiveness over our compaction
- Know and understand process documentation and customer specific requirements as they relate to this job function
- Solicit and implement Continuous Improvement ideas
- Participate in" best practice" events to share " things gone right/wrong" with other divisions within Magna and Cosma
- Participate in manpower planning, recruiting, hiring and onboarding.
- Review all process layouts to ensure safety zoning is acceptable and will not create unnecessary downtime
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 8 years manufacturing engineering experience within an automotive or related manufacturing industry
- Minimum 2 years' experience leading projects and/or teams
- Engineering Degree/Diploma
- Proficient in MS Office. ACAD or design software proficiency an asset.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
What we have to offer:
- A great work experience
- Bonus plan
- Extended Health Benefits
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- Group RRSP with employer match
- Educational reimbursement program
- Team Member appreciation events
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our "Good for You" cafeteria.